It is very evident that our everyday lives are vastly different right now than they were a short time ago and it’s becoming apparent that there will be a “new normal” even after this pandemic is over. We have changed how we are doing almost everything – from work, to shopping for necessities, to how we interact with family and friends. Even the real estate industry has shifted to a more virtual format! Technology has made it possible to continue serving our clients.
Here are just a few ways that the process has adapted to the stay-at-home orders and social distancing, and what you might want to know if you are considering buying or selling during this time:
- Virtual Consultations – You do not have to meet with us in person! Instead, we can meet with you over various virtual platforms (Zoom, Facetime, Skype, etc.). Whether you are just starting the process of buying or selling, or you would just like to chat, we are here for you. We can assist you remotely and help you to create a plan that best suits you.
- Home Searches & Virtual Showings – We have been using the Internet for years to assist buyers in their home search. Not only can we send you information on listings, but we can also do a virtual showing if you would like. Many homes also have 3D tours available. This means you can “walk” through the home any time you would like, keeping you and your family safe. As a seller, this benefits you because you can still show your house and not miss buyers who are looking to find a new home during this time.
- Document Signing – Any document that we would need signed can be done virtually. When closing, title companies have adapted and are now offering curb-side closings. Every party involved in the real estate process has been able to comply with the guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy!
- Sending Money – It still takes money to complete a real estate transaction, and there are options for paying. Whether you are paying for an appraisal, inspection, or closing costs, depending on the vendor you may be able to pay with a credit card, wire funds, or even send a check by mail.
- Closing Process – As previously mentioned, banks and title companies are working diligently to ensure they can continue closings while remaining compliant with regulations set forth.
Although we are currently operating in a more virtual manner, we are confident we are still able to serve our clients while remaining safe and following the guidelines we have been given.
If you need to buy or sell a house, we can help with the use of technology – we have options! Contact us today so we can help you make a plan and meet your real estate needs.